- Sometimes you just need to take a break to recharge. Sometimes you just gotta step away from the computer and go "hells bells, there's sunshine out there."
- Turning older doesn't mean you turn any wiser. Hello, forty -- I see you in the near-distance, and you terrify me, but I'm gonna kick your ass anyway.
- My favorite Queen album is "Jazz." I know that's not the popular choice, but nevertheless that's the one I turn to most often, because it contains both "Bicycle Race," which is Queen's "Heroes and Villains" in a way, a tour-de-force of batshit crazy composition and production, and "Fat Bottomed Girls," which is their most kick-ass rocker.
- I hate television posters. I like doing theatrical projects a lot because there's tons of freedom, and movies encompass a number of different ideas and themes which opens you up to some pretty creative thinking. Television? Sucks. Try taking a picture of Arsenio Hall and making something cool out of it. Seriously: try it.
- Palm Desert, Oct. 31, 2009. Save that date in your hearts, my friends. We found our wedding hotel.
- Homesickness sucks. Let me just tell you honestly. It was a delayed reaction for me -- almost a year -- but when it hits, it hits hard.
- Been rockin'. Got half a new album recorded. Fans of the last Silvergirl thing are gonna be shocked -- there ain't a LICK of country here. Its gonna be dark, fuzzy, mean and rock and roll.
- It's genuinely hard to forgive. Sometimes you have to go through intense amounts of pain to get there, but let me tell you that sometimes, it is so worth it.
- Meanwhile, sometimes people can hurt you without even realizing it. Or if they do realize it, they don't even care. Or if they do care, they just pull the hell away even further, which causes further hurt. That's kind of a toughie. I don't know what to do with that. Sometimes you just gotta stop caring so much, which hurts even more.
- Another band I realized don't suck at all? Jefferson Starship. No, seriously -- pre-"We Built This City," when Paul Kantner was still involved with the band, they were fantastic. Especially whenever Marty Balin came to call. If you aren't moved by "Miracles," then you ain't got no heart, and it's time to dial one up.
- I haven't seen "Burn After Reading" yet, and I really wanna. Is it good? I've heard phenomenal things from Cheryl of Silver Phial fame, but what do you all think, Hatesexy readers, if there are any of you left?
- There is nothing funnier than King Kong with a balloon.
See? Doesn't that just put a smile on your face? I don't care how fucking depressed or whatever you are on any given day, King Kong with a balloon will make you smile.
- I get to see my daughter this weekend, and any weekend involving Trix, my daughter, karaoke, and both my parents and my birthmom cannot help but be a GREAT weekend.
Folks -- sorry about the delay. I'm back, I swear.