Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm sorry I haven't been around, but here's the deal. As of -- well, a month ago or so, I'm writing about music for The Daily Mole, which is the still-in-Beta forthcoming news-and-entertainment website from Steve Perry, the guy that formerly brought you, well, CITY PAGES, for a lot of years. Its really kind of been a blast to a) get recognized for music writing, which I've been doing on SUCH an underground/unofficial level for years, ever since I decided (perhaps foolishly) after college that I didn't really wanna be writing about music so much as MAKING it (we see how far that went!) and b) actually get in there and WRITE about some stuff I care about. I have a feeling I'm gonna be the crusty Christgau to whoever-else-is-cooler's Lester Bangs, but we'll see how it all pans out.

In the meantime: sign up for the beta and join me. I'll still be writing over HERE, but time is really at a premium these days!!

3 comments:

MissTrixi said...

Congrats Jonny. Guess it was worth missing my Birthday dinner for that meeting after all (uh huh....oh yeah....trixi NEVER forgets ;-) ).
I kid! I kid because I love....and because I need to stay in good graces with your wife. She's HOT!
Looking forward to more musical views from our own RockStarJonny!

Prince Gomolvilas said...

Stop threatening me.

:-) said...

Congratualtions Jonny. You should totally be writing more about music. You know everything there is to know about the subject. I have learned a lot from you and your former posts. Just please don't ask me to recall names. I can point or hum.

Looking forward to reading more. xo