Thursday, November 1, 2007

Just a brief note

Me and STEVE MARSH, WHO WRITES FOR MPLS./ST. PAUL MAGAZINE (enjoy the Google hits, man!) are all good. After an exchange of email, comparing each others' facial hair, mostly (my beard is fuller and richer, but I'm about to shave it off) it was decided that yes, he was joking when he asked the question in question, and yes, perhaps certain nuances get lost on a telephone conversation, and yes, the majority of folks on MNSpeak are assclowns (isn't that a great word? Assclowns?). And yes, perhaps (or not perhaps, definitely) I over-reacted. But hey, at least I *reacted*. At least I have that much passion and joie de vivre. Y'know?

In the meantime, enjoy this list of adjectives I was called in that thread!

- Simpering
- crying!
- naive
- emo
- insecure
- sissy-baby
- thin-skinned
- whiny
- stupid
- weak
- fugly

I like the last one best. Yes, I'm fugly. I've always known I'm fugly. I actually revel in my fugliness -- shit, I grew a fucking BEARD to EMPHASISE my fugliness, because as you know, fugliness = hipness. I'm so fucking fugly I'm hot.

Nelson's article, on the other hand, still blows.

5 comments:

Febrifuge said...

J, that list is ridiculous! You're not at all stupid!

Yuk, yuk, yuk.

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying myself over at MNSpeak, actually. We're talking about comics now! Funny how all the haters run away like little bitches when Big Mama shows up.

Jon Hunt said...

And the minute you're gone, out they come to play. WHEE!

I wonder what percentage of those anonymous posters would be able to tell me to my face what they think of me? I'm guessing somewhere hovering around 0%.

maxsparber said...

The classic internet equation is: Person plus online anonymity = shitcock.

Courts! said...

Having seen you a lot better in real life the last couple of days, you are so not fugly. Simpering, perhaps.